Hardwood & Hoops Basketball Ticket Giveaway Official Rules
January 27, 2023
PT’S TAVERNS I NEW TIMES | ENTER TO WIN “HARDWOOD & HOOPS BASKETBALL Ticket Giveaway” SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALCOHOL IS NEVER AWARDED AS A PRIZE.
PT’s Taverns and New Times (collectively referred to as “Sponsor”) are pleased to introduce the “HARDWOOD & HOOPS BASKETBALL TICKET GIVEAWAY” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects, and to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes, these Official Rules, Sweepstakes materials, information contained on Sponsor’s website, available at: www.winwithpts.com. The Sweepstakes is subject to applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations and is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Winning and receiving a Prize (as defined in Section 5) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins at 12:01:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on 02/1/2023 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on 02/28/2023 (“Sweepstakes Entry Period”). The Sweepstakes Entry Period is comprised of four (4) weekly entry periods listed in the table below (each a “Weekly Entry Period”). Pacific Time shall control for all purposes of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes.
Weekly Entry Period
2/1/2023 12:01:00 a.m.
2/7/2023 11:59:59 p.m.
2/8/2023 12:01:00 a.m.
2/14/2023 11:59:59 p.m.
2/15/2023 12:01:00 a.m.
2/21/2023 11:59:59 p.m.
2/22/2023 12:01:00 a.m.
2/28/2023 11:59:59 p.m.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to: (i) legal residents of Nevada, that are physically located and residing herein; (ii) are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry; (iii) are not a person barred from participation in the Sweepstakes; and (iv) at all times abide by these Official Rules. You need not be present to win. Directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents or representatives of Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, suppliers, advertising, and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the design or execution of the Sweepstakes, including promotional and judging agencies, as well as their immediate family and household members, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. “Immediate family” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings or spouses. “Household members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year.
3. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, you may enter this Sweepstakes via the online, mail-in or purchase method of entry described below.
- ONLINE ENTRY METHOD: You may enter the Sweepstakes via the Internet by logging on to www.winwithpts.com and following the entry directions. While entry is completely free, you may be required to register or to otherwise provide some or all of the following information: your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, age, email address and the metropolitan service area for which you are entering for purposes of administering the Sweepstakes.
- MAIL-IN ENTRY METHOD: Alternatively, you may enter the Sweepstakes by hand-printing the words "HARDWOOD & HOOPS BASKETBALL Ticket Giveaway” Sweepstakes, your name, age, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and email address (if applicable) on a 3”x 5” card and mailing it in an envelope to: “HARDWOOD & HOOPS BASKETBALL Ticket Giveaway” Sweepstakes, c/o Marketing Department, New Times, 1201 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85034.
- PURCHASE METHOD: Alternatively, you may enter the Sweepstakes automatically with a purchase of a CASAMIGOS Shot or Cocktail. We may need your name, age, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address (if applicable), and proof of purchase submitted on www.winwithpts.com.
Limit one (1) entry per person, per day regardless of method of entry. A valid entry will be entered into the respective drawing for the Weekly Entry Period in which the entry was received. Non-winning entries from a given Weekly Entry Period will not roll over into subsequent Weekly Entry Periods. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PT of the last day of the Sweepstakes Entry Period, i.e., 02/28/2023, whether submitted online, mailed or via purchase. Proof of depositing entry in mail is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Illegible, incomplete and duplicate entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted from post office boxes. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
If an entrant submits more than one (1) entry per day regardless of method of entry, Sponsor reserves the right to void all such entries at its sole and absolute discretion. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning entry, the authorized subscriber of the email address provided at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entries made by any individual or any entity other than the named entrant and/or originating at any other Internet Website, including (but not limited to) commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites are void.
Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, computer, online or human error, technical malfunctions, any omission, interruption, defect, or any other error, including, without limitation, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, all of which may constitute grounds for disqualification in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a problem occurs in the entry process, the entrant is solely responsible for verifying that the entry process has been validly completed. Sponsor shall have no obligation to advise an entrant of an incomplete, late or undeliverable entry. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrant is responsible for all online charges incurred with any Internet service provider and/or wireless carrier.
4. PRIZE SELECTION AND ODDS OF WINNING: Potential Prize winners in the Promotion will be selected as follows. On or around March 1, 2023, four (4) Weekly Entry Period drawing winners will be selected by random electronic drawing with one (1) potential drawing winner being selected from the pool of eligible entries for each Weekly Entry Period (each, a “Potential Winner”). Once an individual is selected as a Potential Winner, they, and their household members, are no longer eligible to win any additional prizes of any manner, during the Sweepstakes.
Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for each Weekly Entry Period during the Sweepstakes Entry Period and are equal regardless of method of entry.
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, each Potential Winner for the four (4) Weekly Entry Period drawings will receive:
- one (1) – four (4) pack of tickets to the College Basketball National West Regional Quarterfinals on March 25th, 2023 in Las Vegas, at the T-Mobile Arena (the “Prize”).
The approximate retail for each Prize package of four (4) tickets is eight hundred dollars ($800.00). The total ARV for all four (4) Prizes awarded is three thousand, two hundred dollars ($3,200.00). The ARV for the Prizes is an estimate made before the Sweepstakes begins and may vary. If the actual retail value of a Prize is less than or greater than the stated ARV, the Prize winner will not receive the difference. Sponsor may substitute prize for a comparable model based on availability.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES AND FEES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PRIZE WINNERS. ALL OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES RELATED TO ANY PRIZE NOT SPECIFIED HEREIN AND OTHER EXPENSES INCURRED BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE ARE ALSO THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. ANY REQUIRED TAX REPORTING FORMS WILL BE FURNISHED TO THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: After the drawings on or around March 1, 2023, Potential Winners in the Sweepstakes will be contacted by telephone or email using the contact information provided at the time of entry within one (1) week of the random drawing. All Potential Winners, regardless of Prize, will be awarded the applicable Prize subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. If a Potential Winner fails to respond to the verification notification within forty-eight (48) hours of notification or the notification cannot be made after two (2) attempts, the Potential Winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor may also extend the verification notification at their discretion.
Winners may be required to provide their Social Security number or tax ID for tax reporting purposes if Sponsor is required to file an IRS Form 1099/W-9 with the Internal Revenue Service for the fair market value of a Prize awarded and accepted. Except where prohibited, Potential Winners also may be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within five (5) business days from the date when Sponsor’s initial verification email was sent, a declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release (“Declaration”) via email to the address specified in the Declaration in order to claim his or her Prize. If a Potential Winner fails to complete, sign and return the applicable Declaration within the required time period, or if the Declaration is returned as undeliverable or incomplete, the Potential Winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
In the event a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, or if a Prize is unclaimed, the Prize will be forfeited. Sponsor, at its sole and absolute discretion, may award the forfeited Prize to an alternate Potential Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Within forty-eight (48) hours of the secondary drawing, alternate Potential Winner(s) will be contacted using the contact information provided at the time of entry. If the alternate Potential Winner(s) fails to respond to the notification within forty-eight (48) hours of notification or the notification cannot be made after two (2) attempts, the alternate Potential Winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor retains the right to repeat this process until an alternate Potential Winner complies with the verification of eligibility requirements.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR. SPONSOR’S DECISIONS AS TO THE ADMINISTRATION AND OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, ANY CHANGES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AND THE SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS IS FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES.
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS: No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. Limit one (1) Prize per household during the Sweepstakes. A Prize will be awarded only if the Potential Winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Prize winner or a Potential Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prize. All Prizes (or a component of the Prize) are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. All Prize details are at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor and any depiction of the Prize, in Sweepstakes materials or otherwise, is for illustrative purposes only. Prize and Prize components are subject to availability and other restrictions all of which are subject to change at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. No transfer, refund, cash redemption, substitution, replacement or cash equivalent for a Prize or any Prize component will be made, except that Sponsor, at its sole and absolute discretion, may substitute a Prize (or component of a Prize) of equal or greater value for any reason.
Prizes will not be shipped to Potential Winners. A Potential Winner must pick up the Prize in-person at the Potential Winner’s preferred “home tavern” to allow for verification of identity. The Prize will be available for pick up at the Potential Winner’s preferred “home tavern” within thirty (30) days from the date of receipt of the necessary confirmation as well as the return of any requested forms and information from the Potential Winner, including identifying the Potential Winner’s preferred “home tavern.” Sponsor assumes no liability for non-deliverability, including COVID-19 shipping delays.
ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED AS IS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW (OR MAY LIMIT) DISCLAIMERS OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, IN WHICH CASE THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS WILL BE ENFORCED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Winning a Prize is contingent upon accepting these Official Rules and fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right without liability to disqualify any entrant or cancel, suspend, modify and/or terminate the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, including, but not limited to, insufficient entries, any printing, seeding, typographical, technical errors, human or otherwise, suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
In such an event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prizes to the extent required by law for eligible entries submitted up to the time of the impairment (and/or thereafter), or in such other manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering or interfering with the operation of the Sweepstakes, acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void such individual’s entry.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of the documents or any provision hereof.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents (the “Released Parties”), are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated early, a winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
11. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, winners and entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claims made by the winners, entrants or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.
12. EXTENDED MEANINGS; CURRENCY; FORCE MAJEURE: Unless otherwise specified in these Official Rules, words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa and words importing gender include all genders. All dollar amounts referred to in these Official Rules are in lawful money of the United States of America. The Released Parties are not responsible for any damages caused by delay or failure to perform undertakings pursuant to these Official Rules when the delay or failure is due to weather, pandemics, event cancellations, fires, strikes, floods, acts of God or the state’s enemies, lawful acts of public authorities, delays or defaults caused by common carriers, or other events that cannot reasonably be foreseen or provided against.
13. PUBLICITY RELEASE AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: Except where prohibited by law, by participating in this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize, you grant Sponsor and its designees the right to use your name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, testimonials, personal story, voice, address, and other identifying information for any and all commercial purposes of the Sponsor, including, without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification or permission.
YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PLACING YOUR NAME ON A WINNERS’ LIST.
14. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS’ LIST: To obtain a copy of the Official Rules or Winners’ List (Winners List is available after 07/28/2023) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “HARDWOOD & HOOPS BASKETBALL TICKET GIVEAWAY” Sweepstakes - WINNERS - or - OFFICIAL RULES (please specify), c/o Marketing Department, New Times, 1201 E. Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85034. All requests must be received by 04/30/2023. Official Rules also available at: www.winwithpts.com.
15. SPONSOR(S) / PRIZES AWARDED BY: Sponsors of the Sweepstakes are New Times: 1201, E. Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85034 (602) 271-0040, which will administer the drawings and PT’s Taverns: 6595 S. Jones Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89118 (702) 380-7743, which handle Prize fulfillment.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.